VesselTracker is a German AIS live tracking portal. Functionally is similar to marine traffic, but this portal has been around longer and was initially paid.
There is free registration, but it shows the AIS live vessel positions with 2-hour delay . If you just watch without registration, the delay is even greater – 24 hours. Paid accounts are from 50 EUR per month, and many additional services are available to paying users, in particular – e-mail and SMS notifications, mobile access, integration with the site, etc. The main differences from marinetraffic:
- The coverage area – a lot of Chinese ports are covered
- Page “My ships” – you can add chosen vessels to a separate page for further monitoring
- More detailed alerts. You can specify an event to notify the inbound vessels to the region, to the port or to a berth place.
- KML file can be configured so that the data are loaded on vessels only visible on the map part, but not for all ports at once, like Marine Traffic
- The vessels are displayed according to their navigational status
There is a mobile version Vessel Tracker Monitoring System, but it is not checked, so can not say anything about it.
There is also a nice Google Earth integration provided by VesselTracker.